Boondi Raita Recipe is the easiest Indian Curd Preparation, can be made by adding bundi in yogurt (dahi / curd) and then flavored with some mild spices. It is a nice side dish recipe which can be served along with biryani’s and pulao’s. Boondi Raita is one of the most traditional North Indian Raita recipe, and famous in every part of India.
It is said that, Punjabi Cuisine includes a major part of milk products and usually Punjabi’s serve this recipe with their everyday meal.
Boondi are tiny cute balls, made of besan (bengal gram flour). I generally make this boondi raita with my own made boondi and it always turns simply superb. To know that how to make boondi at home, please read my recipe.
If you don’t have enough time, and simultaneously don’t want to miss a meal with any side curd preparation, then it is very quick recipe to make with ready made boondi available in all grocery stores.
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 50 gms boondi
- 200 gms yogurt
- 1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder
- A pinch of red chilli powder
- A pinch of black pepper powder
- A pinch of Chaat masala powder
- Fresh coriander leaves finely chopped
- Salt to taste
How to make Boondi Raita:
- Soak the boondi in normal water for 4-5 minutes, squeeze whole water and keep aside.
- In a bowl beat the yogurt and add little bit of water.
- Add salt and boondi and mix well with the yogurt.
- Keep in the refrigerator until served.
- While serving in individual bowls, place the boondi raita, sprinkle roasted cumin powder, red chilli powder, black pepper powder and chaat masala powder.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve chilled as a side dish.
- It is necessary to squeeze whole water from boondi, in this way you remove out the excess oil of boondi.
- If you do not like soft soaked boondi then you can add boondi as it is in the yogurt.
- Boondi Raita tastes great when is served chilled.
- You can add black salt instead of normal white salt.
- Serve this boondi raita with delicious vegetable rice and dal fry or with vegetable biryani to make a complete meal.
Recommended Recipes for you: