Mango Raita Recipe is a tempting raita recipe made with mangoes and yogurt. This raita is tempered with the unique mixture of onion, curry leaves and mustard seeds.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 2 mangoes
- 2 cups fresh yogurt (curd)
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 small onion thinly chopped
- Few curry leaves chopped
- 2 green chillies thinly chopped
- A pinch of black pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 2 tbsp dried coconut thinly chopped
- A pinch of salt
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped
- 1 tsp oil
How to make Mango Raita:
- Peel the mangoes, remove out the middle stone and cut them into tiny pieces.
- Beat the curd thoroughly with the help of blender by adding little amount of water.
- Now combine the beaten curd, salt, sugar and mustard powder.
- Mix very well and add the pieces of mangoes.
- Stir and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- When the seeds start crackling then add thinly chopped onion along with thinly chopped green chillies.
- Saute for few seconds on medium high heat.
- Allow the onion to cool at room temperature and then mix in the curd mixture.
- Sprinkle roasted cumin powder and black pepper powder.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and dried coconut
- Serve either on the spot with your meal or refrigerate for few hours and serve chilled.
- You may use butter instead of oil, the raita will become more flavorful.
- If your kids likes dry fruits then you may use them for garnishing purpose. In the dry fruits you can use, cashew nuts, almonds, pistachio and raisins.