Hazelnut Cookies are the crispy and crunchy cookie delight made with lots of hazelnuts, lemon and orange peel and then flavored with the choice of jam.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Baking time: 15 minutes
Servings: 20 Cookies
- 2 cups grounded hazelnuts
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (maida)
- 1 egg beaten
- 1-1/4 tsp lemon peel grated
- 1 tsp orange peel shredded
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-1/2 cups butter/margarine
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup flavored jam
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
How to make Hazelnut Cookie Recipe:
- Melt the butter in a non-stick pan and add salt, sugar and baking powder.
- Add beaten egg and stir to make a soft and fluffy mixture.
- Now add flour, vanilla essence, lemon and orange peel.
- Mix thoroughly and add ground hazelnuts.
- Knead to make a soft and smooth dough.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease the cookie sheet with butter/margarine.
- Roll out the dough to about 1/6-inch thickness. Cut into squares or circles 1-3/4 inches in diameter. Place on cookie sheet and sprinkle some sugar. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes until edges are brown.
- Take out the crispy Hazelnut Cookie from the oven and allow them to cool completely at room temperature.
- You can use any flavored jam of your choice, just need to fill it properly on the cavity of each hazelnut cookie.
- For more decoration you can put few chopped hazelnuts over the jam in the center of the cookie.