Sugar Cookies are the sweet blend of all-purpose flour, unsalted butter, cardamoms and vanilla. These are the tiny and cute cookies, extremely great to serve for the kids and adults.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 8 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (maida)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter/margarine
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
How to make Sugar Cookies:
- Sift the flour and combine with salt, sugar and baking powder.
- Add butter and mix thoroughly.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl and mix in the mixture.
- Also add milk, cardamom powder and vanilla essence.
- Knead and make a soft dough.
- Wrap in the foil paper and chill in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees and grease the baking tray with butter/margarine.
- Take out the dough of cookies from the refrigerator.
- Make small balls from the dough and flatten with your hands.
- You may roll the dough and cut into shape of cookies with the help of cookie cutter.
- Arrange the cookies on a greasy baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for about 8 minutes until cookies become firm and soft.
- Cool and store them in air tight container.
- Sugar cookies can be stored for 8-10 days in air tight container at room temperature.
- I have used white sugar whereas brown sugar also goes very well.