Cheese Egg Roll is a wonderful Indian cottage cheese dish made with eggs, bread slices and lots of cheese. The delicious stuffing and garnishing on the bed of lettuce leaves makes these rolls more special to serve during parties and functions.
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 eggs
- 8 cheese slices
- 8 bread slices
- 1 small onion thinly chopped
- 2 green chillies thinly chopped
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 inch ginger Julienne
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp chaat masala powder
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- Cooking oil
- 1 tsp butter
- 3-4 whole lettuce leaves to garnish
How to make Cheese Egg Roll:
- Apply butter on the lettuce leaves and keep aside.
- Beat the eggs in a big bowl and add onion, green chillies, ginger julienne, salt, red chilli powder, chaat masala and thinly chopped cilantro.
- Mix very well and make a thick batter. Set aside for few minutes.
- Dilute the cornflour in 4 tbsp of water and keep aside.
- Slightly trim the edges of the bread slices and place a cheese slice on every bread slice.
- Arrange the layer of the prepared mixture on each bread slice and make a roll with the help of cornstarch.
- Make all the cheese egg rolls in the same way.
- Heat sufficient oil in a pan and carefully drop 2 rolls at a time in hot oil.
- Fry until egg roll turns into golden brown in color from both sides.
- Drain on oil absorbent paper and place on buttery lettuce leaves.
- Serve hot with green chutney and tomato ketchup.
- If you do not want to deep fry the cheese egg rolls then you can either bake them in the oven or shallow fry on the griddle by using little amount of oil.
- Cheese Egg Rolls must be served piping hot to enjoy a great snack dish.
- Egg cheese rolls can be served either in the breakfast or during the snack time.