Paneer Sandwiches are made by stuffing the unique mixture of paneer (Indian cottage cheese) into the bread slices and spices that includes Panch Phoran. Panch Phoran is a unique Bengali (east Indian) spice mix that is used to season many dishes. It is a combination of five spices i.e fenugreek seed, nigella seed, cumin seed, black mustard seed and fennel seed. When this spice mix is used in any dish, it really spreads a beautiful aroma all over.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10-12 minutes
- 500 gm fresh paneer (Indian cottage cheese)
- 75 gm Panch Phoran
- 8 big bread slices (white or brown)
- 1 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp dry mango powder
- A pinch of black salt
- A pinch of ground black pepper
How to make Paneer Sandwiches:
- Melt the butter in a non-stick pan.
- Cut the paneer into some slices and saute in the melted butter by adding salt and spices.
- Cook over moderate heat for few minutes.
- Now carefully stuff the prepared paneer slices in between the bread slices.
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F and roast the prepared paneer sandwiches for few minutes until little browned.
- You can toast them on hot griddle as well.