Egg Bhurji Recipe is simply a superb snack or breakfast recipe, here scrambled eggs are cooked in the bhuna masala of onion and tomatoes and turned into a delicious bhurjee called as Egg Bhurji. It is one of the popular dish of North and West Indian Cuisine. The preparation and serving is so easy that you can make it at any time in just few minutes.
Egg Bhurji is one of my favorite Indian Breakfast Recipe, people who like Eggs must like Egg bhurji. Egg Bhurji is also known as Egg Akuri and today I’m going to tell you that how to make an easy, quick and a common Indian Breakfast recipe. Egg Bhurji is a spiced up version of scrambled eggs with onions, tomatoes, green chillies and some spice powders.
One of my favorite breakfasts as a kid was this deliciously spicy, creamy egg bhurji, or Indian-style scrambled eggs. They are super easy to pull together and an interesting addition to a leisurely brunch or a quick breakfast.
Eggs are staple in Indian cuisine, and are usually paired with onions, tomatoes, and spices for quintessentially Indian-style dishes. One of the easiest ways to add Indian flavor to scrambled eggs is to cook them in spiced onion masala with smoky mustard seeds and then add cilantro for a fresh, herby note.
Egg bhurji is usually served with buttery bread slices as a part of a hot breakfast at home, or with fresh “pav,” and sometimes with chapati / roti, an Indian-style bread rolls, which are usually paired with hot, sweet coffee or tea. I would like to share with all of you that I make Egg Bhurji as an any time comfort meal of the day and my family really likes it., in anyways you can make this dish, it is a spicy, simple, and delicious treat to wake up to.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 4 eggs
- 1 big onion thinly chopped
- 4 tomatoes thinly chopped or pureed
- 2 green chilies chopped into thin slices
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 3-4 curry leaves
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1-1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder (jeera)
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/4 tsp dry mango powder
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
How to make Egg Bhurji:
- First of all beat or whisk the eggs in a bowl.
- Now heat up a pan and add oil.
- As you see oil is hot enough then you may add curry leaves and mustard seeds.
- Allow to crackle the seeds, add green chilies and saute well.
- Add chopped onion. Fry onion just for few seconds and immediately add tomatoes.
- Add salt, red chili powder and turmeric powder.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on low heat.
- Stir continue with the spatula until oil starts separating.
- Now add beaten eggs, mix well. Do not high the heat.
- Mix thoroughly for about 5 minutes and add coriander powder, cumin powder and garam masala powder.
- Mix well and sprinkle little bit of water (just few drops).
- Add dry mango powder, mix well and cover the pan for 2 minutes.
- Leave to cook on low flame.
- Finally garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with roti, pav or bread slices.
- Do not add more water, egg bhurji is a dry dish to serve.