Mushroom Omlette is one of the most tastiest omelette made with Eggs Mushroom and Spices. Mushroom is my all time favorite vegetable and I like to add it in most of my recipes. So whenever I want something different for eating, I just go with this omelette with my leftover mushrooms.
I try to incorporate mushrooms in many recipes, such as Mushroom Malai, Stuffed Mushroom, Schezwan Mushroom Dry and many more such dishes. These all recipes are my all time favorite. Here in this Mushroom Omelette the flavor of soft mushrooms in fried eggs is awesome.
You could have this omelette as your breakfast, brunch and also in between meals. Its quick, easy and a tasty recipe to make. If you like cheese, you can use it in this omelette.
You will have to cook the mushrooms and then stuff it between the egg mixture. Let’s see how to make this tasty omelette at home.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 2 Omelettes
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
How to make Mushroom Omelette:
- Wash the mushrooms thoroughly in lukewarm water and slice them.
- Melt butter in a pan and add chopped garlic. Saute on a low flame for a few seconds and then add sliced onion.
- Stir fry the onion for one minute till it turns little translucent and soft.
- Now add sliced mushroom, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder, 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/2 teaspoon fresh coriander leaves and salt to taste.
- Mix it very well and cover the pan for 1-2 minutes till mushroom gets cooked.
- Uncover the pan and continue stir the mushroom till water evaporates and the mixture dries up. When the mushrooms are done, keep it aside in a bowl.
- Now beat 4 eggs in another bowl and add 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder, 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, some fresh coriander leaves and salt to taste. Beat the mixture very well to blend the flavors.
- Heat same pan again and now heat 1/2 teaspoon of oil in it. When the oil is hot enough, reduce the flame and spread the egg mixture in it.
- Cover the pan and leave the eggs to cook on a low flame for 2-3 minutes. When the eggs are done, spread half of the prepared mushroom mixture on half side of the omelette and flip it. Your mushroom omelette is ready to serve.
You can add chopped green chilies or red chili powder in it for making the spicy omelette.