Capsicum and Potato Omelette is simple but very tasty Indian Egg Recipe. Here beaten Eggs are stuffed with the delicious mixture of Capsicum and Potato and then ultimately turned into a wonderful Breakfast dish.
I would like and recommend you to make 2 omelettes from 4 eggs so that you can enjoy it fully with the stuffing without being heavy.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 2 Omelette’s
- 4 eggs
- 1 small potato, boiled
- 1 cup capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Few fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon oil
- Salt to taste
How to make Capsicum and Potato Omelette:
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and add 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder, 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, 1 teaspoon fine chopped coriander leaves and salt to taste. Whisk all the ingredients very well and keep aside.
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in a non-stick pan and add fine chopped boiled potatoes and capsicum.
- Toss with 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/4 teaspoon coriander powder, 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder and salt to taste.
- Cook this mixture on a low flame for 2-3 minutes and then add 1 teaspoon sliced onion along with 1/4 teaspoon of chopped garlic.
- Toss and finally add some freshly chopped coriander leaves. Cook for one more minute and keep the mixture aside.
- Reheat the same pan and now melt 1/2 teaspoon butter in it.
- Spread half of the beaten eggs mixture evenly in pan and reduce the flame now. Cover the pan and leave to cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Uncover and check the omelette from downside, it must be almost cooked. Now spread half of the prepared capsicum mixture on half side of omelette and flip it.
- Cook for one more minute and your omelette is ready to serve.
- Make one more omelette from leftover eggs and capsicum-potato mixture.
- Serve this omelette on the spot for enjoying the delicious breakfast.
- Make sure the veggies must be cooked properly for the stuffing. The raw flavor of vegetables will not taste good in this omelette.