Cheesy Mushroom Omlette is made with the combination of Cheese and Mushrooms. Here Sliced Mushrooms and cooked with flavorful Mozzarella Cheese and Garlic and then stuffed in spicy mixture of Eggs.
Although it is not much famous Indian Breakfast, but now a days kids like to have cheese and mushroom in form of Omelette dish and you can make it for them on Sundays and Holidays.
I personally like this omelette very much because I’m fond of cheese and mushrooms since childhood. It is high in calories but really very tasty either, so I like to add everything in proportion and try to make it with 2 eggs.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 7 minutes
Servings: 2 omelettes
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup button mushrooms chopped or sliced
- 2 tbsp Mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- Fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
How to make Cheesy Mushroom Omlette Recipe:
- Melt butter in a pan and saute chopped garlic for 1-2 minutes on low flame. Add sliced onion and stir fry till the onion turns soft. Now add sliced mushrooms, 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder, some chopped coriander leaves and salt to taste.
- Cook the mushrooms for 2-3 minutes with lid on, till they are well cooked. Open the lid and toss the mushrooms and add mozzarella cheese in it. Cook for one more minute and keep the mixture aside in a bowl.
- Take another bowl and beat eggs in it. Add chopped green chilies, remaining pepper powder and dried oregano, few coriander leaves and salt to taste. Whisk the mixture very well.
- Reheat the same pan and now heat about 1/2 teaspoon of oil in it. Spread the egg mixture evenly and reduce the flame.
- Put a lid on pan and leave the egg mixture to get cooked for 2-3 minutes.
- Uncover and check the eggs from down side, it must be almost cooked. Spread half of the mushroom-cheese mixture over half side of the omlette, flip and cook it for 2 more minutes.
- Your Cheesy Mushroom omelette is ready to serve.
- You can make this omelette with leftover mushrooms.
- You can grate some cheese over omelette just before serving.