Stuffed Bajra Paratha is simply made with healthy bajra flour and stuffed with the delightful mixture of cottage cheese. This paratha is full of iron, nutrition, fibre, protein and calcium. It considered as an ultimate healthy version of paratha recipes.
Preparation Time: 8 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 6-8 parathas
- 2 cups bajra flour (black millet)
- 2 green chillies thinly chopped
- 1 onion thinly chopped
- 1/2 cup low fat paneer
- 1 tbsp low fat curd
- A pinch of ajwain seeds
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 cup oil
- Salt to taste
- Warm water
How to make Stuffed Bajra Paratha Recipe:
- Grate the paneer in a bowl and mix in salt, green chillies, onion and ajwain seeds.
- Mix well and keep aside.
- Combine bajra flour, salt, red chili powder and curd in another bowl.
- Mix well and knead the dough with warm water. Keep aside for 25-30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into small equal portions, take one portion or ball and place on a plastic sheet.
- Roll out with your hands or with the help of rolling pin and try to make a small round of about 4″ diameter.
- At the time of rolling use dry flour if required.
- Place a spoon of the paneer mixture in the center, fold it over from all the sides and again roll to make a medium thick paratha.
- Heat a non-stick griddle and place the rolled out paratha.
- Do not high the heat at all and leave to cook on extreme low flame.
- Use little amount of oil just to flip it, cook from both the sides until golden brown in color.
- Repeat the same procedure with all the balls and the remaining mixture.
- Serve hot.
- For making this low calorie recipe, you have to keep patience and because of its thickness it takes time to cook.
- Add very less amount of oil or even if you can make without oil then too go ahead.
- You may add few cloves of minced garlic and little bit of ginger to make it more flavorful.