Quick Kheer is an easy way to prepare a mouth-melting pudding, specially for the bachelor’s. This kheer is made with simple and easily available ingredients such as milk, rice, sugar and ghee.
Preparation time: 6 minutes
Cooking time: 10-12 minutes
- 1 ltr milk
- 1 cup rice
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1 cup sugar
- Some cashew nuts chopped
- Some almonds chopped
- Some pistachios chopped
- 1 tbsp black raisins (optional)
How to make Quick Kheer:
- Thoroughly wash the rice in normal tap water.
- Soak in water for about 30 minutes.
- Drain the water completely through the sieve.
- Melt the ghee in a pan, add the drained rice and saute for 5-7 minutes on a medium flame.
- add the milk and cook on a low flame till the milk is reduced to 3/4th its original quantity.
- Add the sugar and simmer further till the milk is reduced to half its original quantity.
- Garnish with chopped nuts and raisins.
- Serve yummy.