Besan Kulcha is simply yet tasty kulcha recipe made with the wheat flour, gram flour and spices. This Indian bread is one of the best and healthy option because of its richness of iron, vitamins and fibre.
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Servings: 8 kulcha’s
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1 cup besan (gram flour)
- 1 onion, finely chopped (optional)
- A pinch of carom seeds
- Few white sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp low fat curd
- 2 green chillies thinly chopped
- 1/2 inch ginger paste
- Fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup oil
How to make Besan Kulcha Recipe:
- Combine the wheat flour, besan, onion, salt, green chillies, ginger, seeds, coriander leaves and curd.
- Knead the dough by gradually adding little amount of water.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
- Take one portion and roll into a circle of 4-5″ diameter.
- Heat a non-stick tawa and place the rolled out roti.
- Cook on low flame until tenders from the inside.
- Drizzle some oil if required.
- Cook from both the sides until lightly golden brown in color.
- Make all the kulcha’s in the similar way and serve immediately.
- You may go ahead without using oil, it would be better to serve zero oil kulcha recipe.
- After taking out the kulcha from the hot tawa, serve it immediately else will become soggy and dry.
- It would be much better if you are using home made besan.