Palak Puri Recipe is a nice combination of spinach and wheat flour. You can serve it either as a breakfast dish or it may also easily go with your lunchbox dish. Learn how to make delicious palak poori by following this easy recipe.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups fresh spinach (palak) chopped
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 2 tbsp curd
- 2 green chillies thinly chopped
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tbsp garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp ghee or butter
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
How to make Palak Puri:
- Boil the spinach in sufficient amount of water, drain the whole water and grind the spinach to make a smooth paste.
- Combine the palak paste, wheat flour, salt, curd, green chillies, ginger-garlic paste, cumin powder and garam masala powder.
- Mix very well and add ghee.
- Mix all the ingredients very well and add some water to make a smooth dough.
- Cover the dough with muslin cloth and keep aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Knead the dough again just for a minute and divide into equal sized portions or balls.
- Roll out each ball into the disc of 4″-5″ in diameter.
- Heat enough oil in a pan and fry each of the puris from both sides until turns into nice, golden and crisp.
- Serve the piping hot palak puri with any dry dish, curd and roasted papad.
- It is very important that the dough is firm and tight & not too watery to make proper palak puri, else it will be difficult to roll out puris.
- Fry one puri at a time in hot oil and stir well to avoid the dark color or puri.