Masala Koki is one of the spicy and flavored Sindhi style koki recipe, simply a thick wheat flour paratha is stuffed with onion and spices to make the delicious breakfast dish.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1 onion thinly chopped
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp ghee
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped
- Few mint leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking
How to make Masala Koki:
- Combine all the ingredients in a big bowl except the oil.
- Knead a stiff dough by gradually adding little amount of water.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions.
- Make the rounds and roll out each round portion with the rolling pin.
- Use dry flour if require at the time of rolling.
- Roll out each portion for about 4″ diameter.
- Heat a tawa and drizzle some oil.
- Place the rolled out roti on hot tawa and roast little bit from both the sides.
- Remove the koki from hot tawa and again roll it to expand little bit.
- Again place on hot tawa and leave to cook on low flame.
- Apply little amount of oil on both the sides.
- Roast evenly until turn into crispy and little browned.
- Serve hot with curd or chutney.
- Masala koki should be served immediately, the delay in serving can ruin its taste and fresh aroma.
- You may apply butter at the time of serving.
- Ghee can be used at the time of roasting.