Palak Aloo Paratha is made of spinach, boiled potatoes and other spices. It is typical Punjabi style paratha, which has tremendous taste because of lots of butter, touch up of ghee and the addition of spinach. It is a great breakfast dish to serve in very limited time. Palak contains good amount of Iron and kids generally don’t want to eat it, but if you are serving it in form of tasty paratha, then they will definitely like it. So try it yourself and see the results.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup fresh curd
- 2 cups fresh spinach (palak), finely chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, boiled
- 4 green chillies thinly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mango powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 cup butter or cooking oil
- 1 tbsp ghee
- Salt to taste
- Chaat masala to sprinkle
How to make Palak Aloo Paratha:
- Mix the flour, chopped palak, ghee, salt, green chillies and spices in a big bowl.
- Mash the boiled potatoes and mix in flour mixture.
- Gradually add water and knead a soft dough, just like we make any other paratha dough.
- Cover the dough and keep aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 6- 8 portions or balls.
- Take one portion and roll out on the flat surface, make the small roti, use flour if require.
- Heat up a griddle on medium high heat and place this rolled out roti.
- Spread little bit of butter / oil and cook until brown spots come out.
- Now flip and cook from the other side as well.
- While serving spread more butter and sprinkle little bit of chaat masala.
- Yummy palak aloo paratha is ready to serve with chutney, curd, sauce or you can even enjoy as it is.
- Boil the spinach to take out the sourness.
- Add the spices as per your taste.
- You may grate a cube of cheese at the time of serving, the kids will happily eat it.
- Make small and thick paratha’s, as they serve in only Paratha’s restaurant.