Palak Aloo Paratha is made of spinach, boiled potatoes and other spices. It is typical Punjabi style paratha, which has tremendous taste because of lots of butter, touch up of ghee and the addition of spinach. It is a great breakfast dish to serve in very limited time.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes.
Cooking Time: 15-18 minutes.
Servings: 10 Paratha’s
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup fresh curd
- 1 bunch fresh spinach (palak) chopped
- 2 potatoes boiled and peeled
- 8 green chillies thinly chopped
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tbsp ghee
- Salt to taste
- Chaat masala to sprinkle
How to make Palak Aloo Paratha:
- Boil the spinach in its own water and then grind to make a smooth puree.
- Combine all the ingredients in the bowl along with spinach puree, except the butter and chaat masala.
- Knead well to make a medium soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions.
- Take one portion and roll out on the flat surface, make the small roti, use flour if require.
- Heat up a griddle on medium high heat and place this rolled out roti.
- Spread little bit of butter and cook until brown spots come out.
- Now flip and cook from the other side as well.
- While serving spread more butter and sprinkle little bit of chaat masala.
- Yummy palak aloo paratha is ready to serve with chutney, curd, sauce or eat as it is.
- Boil the spinach to take out the sourness.
- Add the spices as per your taste.
- You may grate a cube of cheese at the time of serving, the kids will happily eat it.
- Make small and thick paratha’s, as they serve in only Paratha’s restaurant.