Green Chillies are popularly famous as hari michi, hari mirch, mirchi and finger chillies. Green chillies brings a great flavor and aroma to Indian cuisine. Indian food can not be considered without the touch and spice up of green chillies.
The important quality of this Indian ingredients is that it is one of the most leading thing in the market and available throughout the year. They are to be produced in good amount of quantity and also exported in a huge amount. Green chillies can be used in thousand of different ways in Indian cooking, they can be chopped, sliced, grated, diced, slit and so on. Now a days in India bottled one green chillies are also available.
At the time of buying green chillies make sure the chillies are worth to buy when they are enough, fresh ,green, hard, unripe and bright in color. Also green chillies should look crispy, unbroken and without the wrinkles. It is a symbol of fresh green chillies.
In India the availability of Green chillies are as:
- Powdered, etc.
- The green chillies plays a vital role in Indian cooking as they are to be used for making any type of curry, dal, snacks and many more such dishes.
- The chopped green chillies can be used for tempering the dal and other vegetables to enhance the aroma and flavor.
- The crushed and sliced green chillies is a base for making the variety of sandwiches, naan’s, paratha’s, rolls, salad, etc.
- You can make various pickles, chutneys and sauces with the help of green chillies just need to mix them your favorite vegetables.
- Spicy and tangy green chillies pickle is always great to serve with the meal. Which can be made easily at home.
- Green chillies are to be stored at a cool and dry place.
- You can keep them with the ginger in air tight container.
- Green chillies should be refrigerated in zip lock pouches, bags or containers.
- They last long for 14-15 days, if preserved properly.
- The benefits of green chillies are not restricted till our kitchen only, but they are helpful for the health as well.
- The green chillies consists the high amount of Vitamin A and C.
- They contains six times more Vitamin C like one orange.
- The vibrant color of green chillies supports the cardiovascular system and helps in maintaining the health of skin , eyes and body immune system.
- Green chillies contain the good amount of vitamins Band E which is ultimately a great source of iron and potassium.
- Green chillies are fat free, cholesterol free and also very low in calories.