Macaroni Cheese is a kids favorite snack dish made in the combination of macaroni, butter, cheese and herbs. It is a quick and delicious snack dish to impress the guests and family members.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15-18 minutes
Servings: 4 persons
- 100 g macaroni
- 1 cup processed cheese
- 3-4 cloves garlic grated
- 1 inch ginger julienne
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- A pinch of black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp mixed herbs
- 1/2 tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp processed cheese grated
- Salt to taste
How to make Macaroni Cheese:
- Combine the cornflour in the milk. Mix well and keep aside.
- Melt the butter in a microwave proof safe bowl for 30 seconds.
- Add macaroni, water, salt, ginger and garlic. Microwave on high for 5-6 minutes.
- Stir once in between.
- Add the cornflour mixture, red chilli flakes and cheese.
- Microwave for 3 minutes on high.
- Now add mixed herbs and black pepper powder.
- Mix well and microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- Finally grate some cheese all over and microwave just for a minute.
- Cooking time really depends of the brand of the macaroni. Some macaroni takes more time to cook whereas some takes less time.