Potato Wedges are simply made of fried thick slices of potatoes and then adjusted with the seasoning. It is any time snack dish, also favorite of kid’s. This dish is perfect to serve with the drinks as well. Learn to make easy and tasty home made potato wedges in just few minutes.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Freezing time: minimum 2 hours
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 4 big potatoes
- Oil to deep fry
- Salt to taste
- Chaat masala to taste
How to make Potato Wedges:
- Cut the potatoes into thick wedges without peeling them.
- Wash in the water thoroughly and keep in the strainer to drain out the whole water.
- Now pat dry and freeze them in the air tight container for about 2 hours.
- While freezing higher the temperature of your freezer section of the fridge.
- Heat the sufficient oil in a pan.
- Take out the frozen potato wedges and deep fry few at a time in hot oil.
- Do not make them more crispy, you just need to fry until browned.
- Remove out on oil absorbent paper, soak the whole oil with the help of paper napkin.
- Transfer the wedges in the deep bowl and sprinkle salt and chaat masala.
- Serve on the spot with the green chutney or tomato sauce or tomato ketchup.
- Serve these potato wedges on the spot otherwise they will start leaving water and then will become tasteless.
- You may sprinkle some pepper powder as well.
- For making these wedges in the oven, you just need to grease the baking tray, place the potato wedges and then roast them until brown in color.
- Do not over fry wedges, else they will become too crispy and dark in color. Which are not advisable to serve in front of anyone.