French fries are simply made with the fried fingers of potatoes and then flavored with the seasoning. It is one of the best snack recipe which can be served with the drinks as well. This is the ideal recipe for the kids also. Learn to make quick and tasty french fries within few minutes.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Servings: 4 persons
- 4 big potatoes
- Vegetable oil to deep fry
- Salt to taste
- Chaat masala to sprinkle
How to make French Fries:
- Peel the potatoes and cut into the thin strips in about 1/4 inch.
- Soak the potato strips in the normal water for about 1 hour.
- Remove out in the strainer, drain whole water and pat dry with the kitchen napkin.
- Heat the pan and add sufficient oil.
- When the oil is hot about 250 degrees, then add the french fries.
- Stir continuously and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Remove out from the oil and place on the paper napkin.
- French fries are ready to make further for the final serving.
- Again heat the oil, now the heating temperature should be about 350 degrees.
- Fry these strips until become crispy and golden brown in color.
- Place on oil absorbent paper, soak the oil well with the help of tissue paper.
- Sprinkle little bit of salt and chaat masala.
- Serve immediately with the chutney or sauce.
- Potatoes strips are necessary to keep for soaking in the water, so that they will not turn brown until fried.
- Soak the maximum amount of oil at the time of serving, else they will be oily while eating.
- Be careful at the time of frying and keep stirring until become soft. Remember, you have to make them soft and crispy not hard and mushy.
- You can keep the half fried strips of potatoes in air tight container and then freeze them. Use whenever require for serving. For that you just need to take out them from the freezer 15 minutes before frying in the hot oil.