Bread Cheese Pakoda is simply a delicious delight of Indian cheese, bread slices, bengal gram flour and spices. This quick and tasty snack dish can be easily made in few minutes.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Servings: 4 persons
- 1 cup bengal gram flour (besan)
- 1/2 cup plain flour (maida)
- 1/2 cup processed grated cheese
- 2 bread slices
- 1 onion thinly chopped
- 4 green chillies thinly chopped
- A pinch of baking soda
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp curd
- 1 cup milk
- Handful freshly chopped cilantro
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
How to make Bread Cheese Pakoda:
- Combine all the ingredients in a big bowl.
- Cut the bread slices into thin cubes and mix in the mixture.
- Gradually add milk and make a thick batter.
- Heat sufficient oil in a pan.
- Drop the small balls of the batter into hot oil and fry until turns into golden brown in color.
- Drain on oil absorbent paper and serve hot with green chutney and tomato sauce.
- Do not keep batter for long time, else it will become too soft because of cheese, which would not be advisable good to make proper pakore.
- These bread cheese pakoda are extremely delicious when served immediately.