Besan Ke Pakode is the delicious snack dish made with Bengal gram flour (besan), onion and other spices. It is any time and all time favorite snack dish of younger ones and elder ones. In my home twice a week it is a compulsory tea time snack in the evening. You can serve them as a morning breakfast or as a evening snack, they are all time tasty and mouth watering.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups Bengal gram flour (besan)
- 1 big onion finely chopped
- 6 green chillies finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- A pinch of baking soda
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- Oil to deep fry
- Salt to taste
How to make Besan ke Pakode:
- Combine besan, onion, green chillies, salt, red chilli powder, baking soda and lots of fresh cilantro in a mixing bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients well and add water to make a medium thick batter.
- Heat up a pan and add adequate quantity of oil to deep fry.
- As oil heats enough, then add a big spatula of prepared batter.
- Turn to fry from both the sides and when half fried, then take out from the oil. Leave to cool.
- Now again pour a spatula of batter in the hot oil and take out from the oil when half fried. Leave to cool.
- After few minutes when the half fried big pakoda is cool enough, then make small-small pakode from that big pakoda.
- Again deep fry in hot oil for few seconds, lower the flame.
- Turn and fry from all the sides.
- Take out from the oil and keep on absorbent paper.
- In this way make small-small pakode from each big pakoda.
- Serve hot with Indian flat bread or puri and accompanied by green chutney or tomato sauce.
- While frying for second time, add few that means 4-5 small pakode at a time, in this way it will be easy for you to flip and turn them for evenly frying.
- Do not add more water, this batter should be medium thick in consistency, so that while frying it should not spread in the oil.