Bread Pakora (Bread Fitter) are the simple and easy but very tasty snack recipe, here bread slices are coated with the batter of bengal gram flour and spices and fried in hot oil to get the crispy and tasty bread fritters (pakore).
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 6 white bread slices
- 1 cup bengal gram flour (besan)
- 3/4 tsp ajwain
- 4 green chillies thinly chopped
- A pinch of red chilli powder
- A pinch of baking soda
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 2-3 tbsp cilantro chopped
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
How to make Indian Bread Fitter:
- Slightly cut the edges of all bread slices and make the equal sized rectangles.
- Take a bowl and mix the besan, salt, ajwain, green chillies, red chilli powder, baking soda, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and freshly chopped cilantro.
- Mix very well by slowly adding water in it.
- Make a smooth and lump free batter which should be neither too thick nor too loose.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadhai/pan.
- Dip the bread slice into the batter and pour carefully into hot oil.
- Fry until the fitter becomes crispy and golden brown.
- Fry over medium high heat to get a nice color and flavor.
- Similarly make all the bread fitters and serve hot with green chutney and tomato sauce.
- You can also make the triangle-shaped Indian bread fitters.
- Serve them immediately else becomes soggy and mushy after keeping sometime.