Paneer (Cottage Cheese) is the most leading ingredient in Indian Cuisine. You can make various recipes of paneer. It offers you lots of variety in parties, festivals and any type of occasion. Today with this Indian Cheese we are going to make shahi pakore, which have the delightful place in front of guests. You can try this recipe, when you have to welcome all of sudden guests in your house. We are sure you will appreciate.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 200 gms paneer (cottage cheese)
- 1 cup besan (Bengal gram flour)
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 4 green chillies thinly chopped
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
- Fresh coriander finely chopped
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt to taste
How to make Paneer Pakora:
- In a mixing bowl add besan, salt, red chilli powder, asafoetida, green chillies and chopped coriander.
- Mix all the ingredients well and add little bit of water to make a thick batter, like we usually make for other type of pakore.
- Keep this batter aside for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile cut the paneer in small cubes or triangles and sprinkle some salt and crushed black pepper. Mix very gently.
- Now heat up the pan and put sufficient oil for deep frying.
- Dip few pieces of paneer in a prepared batter and deep fry in hot oil on a medium flame, till turns crispy and little browned.
- Tasty paneer ke Pakore are ready to serve with mint or coriander chutney, or you can serve them with tomato sauce as well.
- Be careful while adding water in the batter, the consistency should be enough thick to make proper pakore.
- Do not keep batter for more than 10 minutes, it will get soft and ruin your pakore.
- Coat the paneer cubes in the batter well from all the sides to get a good shape of pakore.