Here is a simple trick to make a quick and healthy Green Chutney Sandwich, that is the one of the most famous Indian Street Sandwich. A good amount of homemade green chutney brings lots of flavor in any simple sandwich. This sandwich is a most delicious evening snack dish in Indian streets and corners.
Yield: 4 servings
- 8 bread slices (white / brown)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp green chutney
- 1 cucumber (peeled)
- 1 beet root (boiled and peeled)
- 1 potato (boiled and peeled)
- 1 tomato
- 1 onion (peeled)
- A pinch of salt
- Chaat masala to sprinkle
How to make Green Chutney Sandwich :
- Cut all the vegetables in thin round slices.
- Arrange bread slices on a flat chopping board and slightly cut the edges.
- Spread butter and green chutney on all bread slices.
- Arrange the vegetables on 4 bread slices and season with some salt and chaat masala powder.
- While arranging the vegetables, first place 3-4 round pieces of cucumber, then potato, then onion, beet root and finally tomato.
- Make sure, after each layer of veggies, you have to sprinkle chaat masala powder.
- Cover all 4 sandwiches with reserved buttery bread slices.
- Cut into 4-6 pieces and spread little bit of butter and good amount of chutney on the sandwich.
- Serve immediately.
- It is very important to cut the vegetables in thin round slices to make a proper sandwich.
- You can eat it either as it is or toast it little bit just before serving.
- If you are going to toast this sandwich, then spread the butter and chutney only after toasting it.