Sesame Seed Cookies are the best, delicious cookies made with sesame seeds, milk, sugar and flour. These cookies are the ideal treat for the friends and family.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Baking time: 15 minutes
Servings: 10-12 Cookies
- 1 cup sesame seeds (white til)
- 1-1/2 cups condensed milk
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour (“maida)
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1-1/4 cup brown powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 tsp cake seeds (caraway)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
How to make Sesame Seed Cookies:
- Separate the eggs whites and egg yolks in two different bowls.
- In a big bowl combine the flour, salt, baking powder and vanilla extract.
- Add soft butter, cake seeds, cinnamon powder and brown sugar.
- With the help of electric blender or manual hand blender, blend the mixture very well.
- Add egg yolks and mix again.
- Gradually add milk and knead the dough for making soft and smooth dough.
- Place the dough on a chopping board or on a clean surface of kitchen and roll out with the help of rolling-pin.
- Make appx. 1 inch thick round disk.
- Cut with the help of cookie cutter (use round or square shaped cookie cutter) or use any small round bowl to cut the disk in desired cookie shapes.
- Brush each cookie with egg whites and sprinkle generous amount of sesame seeds over all on the cookies.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees for 4-5 minutes and grease the baking sheet with butter/margarine.
- Arrange the prepared cookies on the greased baking tray by maintaining the distance of 2 inch.
- Bake in the oven for about 12-15 minutes over the moderate temperature.
- Allow to cool and serve with tea/coffee or milk.
- Sesame seed cookies can be preserved for 10-12 days in air tight container.
- You may heat them little bit just before serving.
- They are one of the best cookies to impress the guests and kids.