Butter Cookies are the sweet and crispy delightful cookies made with lots of butter, cream, brown sugar and all-purpose flour. Enjoy your mornings and evening with crunchy butter cookies may be with tea, milk or coffee.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
baking time: 8-10 minutes
- 4 cups maida (all-purpose flour)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1-1/2 cups butter/margarine
- 1-1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 3-4 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
How to make Butter Cookies:
- Sift the flour very well and add salt, baking powder and brown sugar.
- Mix and add the beaten eggs.
- Mix the cream, butter and vanilla extract thoroughly with the flour.
- Take a foil paper and grease with butter.
- Wrap the prepared dough/mixture into a foil paper and refrigerate it for few hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Take out the dough from the foil paper and place the dough on clean surface of the kitchen.
- Roll out with the help of rolling-pin and make a medium thick crust of about 2″ in diameter.
- Cut into shape of cookies with the help of cookie cutter and bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Take out the hot butter cookies from the hot oven and sprinkle some granulated sugar.
- Serve either hot or allow to cool and then store in air tight container.
- While serving the butter cookies, you can slightly heat them and enjoy with evening tea/coffee.
- These delicious butter cookies can be stored for few days in air tight container at room temperature.