Fresh and dry corn kernels, cheese, butter and herbs are tossed in a pressure cooker and turned into a yummy Cheese Popcorn Recipe. Serving them in cute paper buckets and cones makes them perfect for eating while watching weekend cartoon movie with the kids.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cup dry corn kernels
- 4 tbsp butter, softened,
- 1-1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese powder
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
How to make Cheese Popcorn at home :
- Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes and add oil.
- When the oil seems hot enough, add corn, salt and red chilli flakes.
- Saute them on medium high flame for a minute.
- Cover the pressure cooker with a lid and cook on a very low flame for about 4 minutes.
- Make sure, Do not put the gasket and whistle on the lid of the pressure cooker, we just need to allow the steam to escape and to avoid the popcorn from turning soggy.
- A popping sound of popcorn will come out, keep the lid closed.
- When the corn stops popping, remove from the flame and open the lid of the pressure cooker.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan, and mix the ground black pepper and cheese powder very well in it.
- After a quick fry, remove from the flame and mix directly into the popcorn.
- Toss and shake hardly to coat the popcorn into butter mixture.
- Serve immediately or you can store them in an air-tight container for enjoying afterwards while watching popcorn movie.