Rajasthani Moong Dal Paratha is a wheat flour roti which is stuffed with spicy ground moong dal. It is simply a delicious mouth watering recipe of Indian Paratha’s. Moong Dal is full of proteins and vitamins. This paratha is extremely easy and light in digesting as well. Learn to make Moong dal ka paratha in Rajashthani style and serve as an excellent morning breakfast.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Servings: 8 paratha’s
- 100 gms moong dal (yellow split lentils)
- 1 potato (boiled and peeled)
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 cups wheat flour (atta)
- 1/2 inch ginger minced
- 4 green chillies paste
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- little bit of turmeric powder
- Vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Water to knead the atta
How to make Rajashthani Moong dal Paratha:
- Soak the dal for about 20-30 minutes.
- Later grind and make a paste.
- In a mixing bowl add yellow dal paste, salt, ginger, onion, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and green chillies.
- Mash the boiled potato and mix in the mixture of dal.
- Mix little bit of salt in wheat flour and knead it with the water as usual.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal parts.
- Take one portion and roll it about 4-5 inch.
- Spoonful of dal mixture in the center of rolled roti and make a thin layer.
- Fold from all the sides and cook on the hot griddle as it is.
- Do not use rolling pin.
- Rajashthani paratha is to be cooked as it is and then brush little bit of oil from both sides.
- In the same way make all the paranthas and serve hot with curd or chutney.
- Use ghee instead of oil, the parantha will be really yummy.
- You may use spring onion instead of normal onion.
- While serving spread a little bit of butter on the paratha and sprinkle chaat masala. The paratha will be irresistible to eat.