Bajra Aloo Roti is the unique combination of bajra flour, boiled potatoes, coconut and spices. This is the special breakfast of Rajasthani cuisine. These rotis are extremely delicious when smeared with ghee or butter and accompanied with chutney and sauce.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 200 gms bajra flour (black millet)
- 1/2 kg potatoes (boiled)
- 1 onion thinly chopped
- 3-4 green chillies thinly chopped
- 1 coconut grated
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds crushed
- 1/4 tsp dry mango powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
- Oil or ghee for frying
How to make Bajra Aloo Roti:
- Peel the potatoes and mash them.
- Take a big bowl and combine all the ingredients including mashed potatoes.
- Mix very well.
- Heat 2 cups of water and make it little warm.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions/balls.
- Take a small ball, roll out each into 4-5 ” diameter circle.
- Preheat the tawa and drizzle some oil all over.
- Place the rolled out roti over the hot tawa.
- Apply little bit of oil or ghee and cook for few seconds on medium high flame until seems golden brown.
- Flip and fry from the other side as well.
- Serve hot with curd and roasted papad.
- You may apply butter over the roti just before serving. It tastes great and looks yummy.
- Onion is an optional ingredient in this recipe.