Makki Paneer Pakora is the most popular Rajasthani snack dish, here pakore are made with fresh corns, paneer and spices. Makki Paneer Pakora is the best evening snack dish to serve with coriander chutney and tomato ketchup.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 200 gm Indian cottage cheese (paneer)
- 2 cups fresh makki (corn)
- 1 cup bengal gram flour (besan)
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2-3 green chillies finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp crushed cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp dry mango powder (amchoor)
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves finely chopped
- Oil to deep fry
How to make Makki Paneer Pakora :
- Crush the corn in a blender and grate the paneer in a big bowl.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan and add green chillies along with ginger-garlic paste.
- Saute for few seconds and then add crushed corn.
- Stir fry for few seconds and adjust with the salt.
- Add milk and mix until it looks a creamy and fluffy texture.
- Allow the corn to cool aside after they are done.
- Mix the grated paneer and remaining ingredients with the corn mixture.
- Also add besan and knead with your hands until it reaches to a binding consistency.
- You can add more amount of besan to bind the pakore very well.
- Apply some oil in your hands and try to make the even sized balls.
- Heat good amount of oil and deep fry the pakoras on medium high flame till turns golden brown.
- Remove on oil absorbent paper to soak the excess oil.
- Serve immediately with coriander chutney and tomato ketchup.