Makki Paneer Pakora is one of the best Indian snack dish, here Indian cottage cheese (paneer) and makai (corns) are combined with Indian spices and bengal gram flour, deep-fried in oil and turned into delicious pakore.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 200 gm Indian cottage cheese (paneer)
- 1 cup fresh corns (makki)
- 1 cup bengal gram flour (besan)
- 4 green chillies finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger chopped
- 4-5 cloves garlic chopped
- 3/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried mango powder (amchur)
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
How to make makki paneer pakora :
- Crush the corn (makki) either in a blender or in a chopper and grate the paneer in a bowl.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a non- stick pan and add ginger, garlic and green chillies.
- Saute for few seconds and add crushed corn.
- Add little bit of salt and stir in the corn with milk.
- Keep stirring till the creamy texture comes out.
- Cook until the corns are done and then remove from the flame.
- Now mix the grated paneer and remaining ingredients with the prepared corn.
- Adjust with some salt and bind with the besan.
- If the mixture looks too thick then add little bit of milk to make the even sized balls.
- Heat sufficient oil in a pan and dip few balls at a time in hot oil.
- You need to fry them just like other pakoras.
- Stir fry from all the sides till turns to golden brown.
- Drain on oil absorbent paper and soak the excess oil.
- Serve hot with coriander chutney and tomato ketchup.