Aloo Tikki is simply a tremendous blend of boiled potatoes, green peas and spices. This is a finger shaped aloo tikki, which is especially made to make various wraps and rolls. Learn to make delicious aloo patty or aloo tikki in just few minutes and make your own style rolls, frankies and wraps.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 potatoes (boiled and peeled)
- 1 cup green peas boiled
- 1 inch ginger paste
- 4 green chillies paste
- 1/2 tsp cumin (jeera) powder
- 1/4 tsp dry mango powder.
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- Vegetable oil
How to make Aloo Tikki Recipe:
- Mash the boiled potatoes in a big bowl, also mash boiled green peas and mix with the potatoes.
- Add all the ingredients and 1 tbsp of oil.
- Mix very well and make a dough.
- Heat that much oil in a pan which is required to shallow fry or pan fry the patties.
- Take small portion of the dough and make a finger shaped tikki.
- Shallow fry in hot oil on medium high flame until turns into nice brown color.
- Drain on oil absorbent paper.
- In the similar way make the remaining aloo patties.
- Use them for making delicious aloo patty wraps and rolls.
- Potatoes must be boiled fully to make the soft tikkis.
- Fry 2-3 patties at a time at a proper distance.
- The dough of aloo patty can be refrigerated for 2-3 days.
- You can serve this aloo patty as a delicious breakfast or snack dish with the bread slice and coriander chutney.