Aloo Tikki is simply a tremendous blend of boiled potatoes, green peas and spices. This Potato Cutlet is perfect to serve as a Tea Time snack dish. Today I have made a round shaped cutlet to serve with green chutney, but some times I make finger shaped aloo tikki for making various wraps and rolls. Learn how to make delicious aloo patty or aloo tikki in just a few minutes and make your own style rolls, frankies and wraps.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 potatoes (boiled and peeled)
- 1 cup green peas boiled (optional)
- 1 inch ginger paste
- 4 green chillies paste
- 1/2 tsp cumin (jeera) powder
- 1/4 tsp dry mango powder.
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- Vegetable oil
How to make Aloo Tikki Recipe:
- Mash the boiled potatoes in a big bowl, also mash boiled green peas and mix with the potatoes.
- Add all the ingredients and 1 tbsp of oil.
- Mix very well and make a dough.
- Heat that much oil in a pan which is required to shallow fry or pan fry the patties.
- Take small portion of the dough, either make finger shaped tikki or make a round cutlet.
- Shallow fry in hot oil on medium high flame until turns into nice golden brown color.
- Drain on oil absorbent paper napkin.
- Make remaining tikkis in same way.
- Serve as it is with green chutney or sometimes you can use them for making delicious aloo patty wraps and rolls.
- Potatoes must be boiled fully to make the soft tikkis.
- Fry 2-3 patties at a time at a proper distance.
- The dough of aloo patty can be refrigerated for 2-3 days.
- You can serve this aloo patty as a delicious breakfast or snack dish with the bread slice and coriander chutney.
- Aloo Tikki can be made on Tawa as well.
Recommended Recipes for you: