Coconut Chutney is the smooth blend of grated coconut with mild spices. This chutney is best to serve as a great and delicious accompaniment with South Indian dishes. Mom’s can use this chutney for making the sandwiches for their kids. You just need to spread this chutney on a bread slice and then eat as it is. It’s yummy. Learn how to make South Indian style coconut chutney recipe with all the steps and proper directions.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 2 minutes
Ingredients required for making Coconut Chutney Recipe:
- 1 coconut grated
- 1 inch ginger (adrak)
- 1 whole green chilli
- 1 dried red chilli (broken into bits)
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp oil
- 3-4 curry leaves
- Salt to taste
How to make Coconut Chutney Recipe:
- Keep the ingredients ready for making South Indian style coconut chutney. Combine the grated coconut, green chilli and ginger in the blender. Add salt and 2 tbsp of water, grind to make a fine paste.
- Heat a sauce pan and add oil. In the heating oil add curry leaves and dried red chilli. Saute and add mustard seeds. Stir continue until they start crackling. Pour this tempering all over the chutney and mix very well.
- Coconut chutney is ready to serve with Idli, medu vada’s and dosa’s.
- You can refrigerate coconut chutney for 4-5 days.
- You may add black gram to make this chutney thick in consistency.
- This chutney is a great complement to serve with any type of dosa such as:
Mysore Masala dosa
Paneer Chilli dosa
Paneer Uttapam, etc.