South Indian Coconut Chutney is the ever made tastiest chutney and a great accompaniment with South Indian meal or with various South Indian snack dishes.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup fresh coconut (scraped and grated)
- 2 tbsp ghee
- Few curry leaves
- 100 gm chana dal
- 4-5 green chillies chopped
- 2 tsp mustard seeds
How to make South Indian Coconut Chutney:
- Roast chana dal in a saucepan and add green chillies.
- Fry until light brown and then cool aside.
- Combine the fried dal with green chillies and coconut.
- Grind and make a smooth chutney by adding little amount of water.
- Now mix the salt and grind for few more seconds.
- Heat a same saucepan and melt the ghee in it.
- Add curry leaves and mustard seeds.
- When the seeds starts spluttering, then pour this mixture directly over the ground chutney.
- Serve with Dosa, uttapam, medu vada or with any South Indian meal.