Coconut Rice is the delicious coconut and dry fruits flavored rice dish. A most famous South Indian delicacy can be easily made with good quality rice and carefully chosen chopped nuts.
Preparation time: 6-8 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups long grained rice
- 1/2 cup pure ghee
- 20 gm black gram
- Few curry leaves
- 3-4 dry chillies
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup mixed nuts finely chopped
- 1 cup black raisins
- Fresh cilantro chopped
Salt to taste
How to make coconut rice:
- Boil the rice in good amount of water, drain and keep aside.
- Grate the coconut and fry evenly on a low flame until turns soft and golden in color.
- Melt the ghee in deep shaped kadhai and roast the nuts for few seconds. Set aside.
- Fry the broken pieces of dry chillies, black gram dal, and curry leaves very well.
- Mix the boiled rice, coconut, nuts, salt and some ghee.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro, sprinkle the raisins and serve hot.