Hakka Noodles Recipe is one of the most famous Indo-Chinese recipe in India. Hakka Noodles are made from plain boiled noodles, stir fried with sauces and vegetables. Its very easy and fast cooking recipe and it is specially very famous among the kids. Cooking Hakka noodles requires very less preparation time and you can make Hakka noodles in less then 10 minutes.
I use Ching’s Hakka Noodles but you can use any brand of Hakka Noodles. You can also add red or yellow bell-paper for more enhanced flavor.
Ingredients for making Hakka Noodles :
- 200 gm Hakka Noodles
- 2-3 green chillies (slitted from center)
- 4-5 pods of garlic (fine chopped)
- 1 small onion (sliced / chopped) or
- 3-4 white spring onions (sliced)
- 1/2 carrot (peeled and sliced)
- 1/4 capsicum (green bell pepper) (sliced)
- 1/4 cup cabbage (shredded)
- 2 tbsp cauliflower florets
- Few spring onions (green) for garnishing
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- A pinch of white pepper powder
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- Salt to taste
How to make Hakka Noodles :
- Noodles cooking process should be done on a high flame and continuous tossing is required.
- Do not over cook noodles or they will become soggy.
- Drain the water completely and toss noodles with the fork. This will help to prevent the noodles from sticking together.
- If you are using beans in noodles, then cut them into very fine strips and add before adding other vegetables, as beans takes a longer time to get cooked.
- You may add Schezwan Sauce to convert this recipe in Schezwan noodles recipe.
- This is very famous kids recipe and it is perfect for kids lunch box / school tiffin.
Recommended Recipes for you: