Schezwan Sauce is a delicious Indo Chinese Sauce recipe, made with all the tasty and spicy blends of garlic, ginger, kashmiri red chilli, etc. I personally do not like the bottled schezwan sauce. Why to buy from the store when it can be made very tasty and quickly at home ? Learn to make tremendous flavored schezwan sauce which gives unique taste to the Chinese rice, noodles and soups.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Servings: 1 medium size bowl
- 8- 10 cloves garlic paste
- 1 inch ginger paste
- A pinch of cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp dried kashmiri red chilli paste
- 1 tsp red chilli sauce (store bought)
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp red orange color
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
How to make Schezwan Sauce:
- Heat the oil in a wok or pan.
- Add cumin seeds, ginger and garlic paste, saute for a minute.
- Add red chilli paste and salt. Stir continuously.
- Add red chilli sauce and sugar.
- Cook on high flame for 2 minutes.
- Keep stirring until spices gets cooked properly.
- Add water to make a thick sauce consistency. Mix thoroughly.
- Add vinegar and food color, cook for one more minute.
- Transfer to an air tight container and use whenever required.
- While making Schezwan sauce, check the consistency and seasoning and add the water accordingly.
- You can store schezwan sauce for one week in the refrigerator and use whenever required for making other Indo Chinese recipes, such as Veg Schezwan Fried Rice, Crispy Paneer in Schezwan Sauce, Stir Fried Vegetables in Schezwan Sauce, etc.
- For making red chilli paste, you just need to soak the whole red chillies in to the water for 15-20 minutes, remove stems and grind into a smooth paste. Use little amount of water to make a fine paste.
- Whole dried kashmiri red chilli paste also can be preserved for a week in the refrigerator.