Crispy Paneer in Schezwan Sauce is simply stir fried paneer cooked in home made schezwan sauce and other spices. This recipe is the best option for vegetarians, as it is healthy, tasty and quick dish to serve in any party or occasion. It is one of the best Chinese starters which goes with all kind of drinks as well.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Servings: 2-3 persons
- 250 gms Paneer
- 2 cups cornflour (Diluted in 4 cups of water)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp balck peppercorns crushed
- Oil for deep frying
For making schezwan Sauce :
- 1 tsp oil
- 15-20 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 inch ginger chopped
- 1 tsp red chilli paste
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 cup water
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp white pepper powder
- 1 tsp tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped spring onions (green part)
How to make Crispy Paneer in Schezwan Sauce:
- Cut the Paneer in squares or triangles and keep aside.
- Take a mixing bowl, add diluted cornflour, salt, crushed black pepper and mix well.
- Dip the paneer pieces in the mixture and deep fry in sufficient hot oil.
- Drain the excess oil and keep the fried paneer aside.
- For schezwan sauce, Heat oil in a pan, add chopped garlic and chopped ginger, saute well.
- Add red chilli sauce (bottled one or home made), mix well.
- Add water, salt, white pepper powder and soy sauce.
- Toss and mix.
- Add vinegar, mix well and check seasoning.
- Add sugar and tomato sauce and bring to a boil.
- Add fried paneer pieces.
- Cook for a minute and garnish with spring onions.
- Egg is an optional ingredient for making this recipe.
- You may garnish with slices of capsicum and carrot to make it more flavorful.
- The non – vegetarian people can add the egg beaten into the mixture of cornflour and then deep fry the paneer. It also tastes very good.