Chinese Schezwan Sauce is a delicious homemade Schezwan sauce made in Chinese style by using very simple ingredients. Learn how to make restaurant style Chinese Schezwan sauce with all the steps and procedure and surely you will get the true taste and flavor of restaurant style Schezwan sauce.
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 5-6 minutes
- 6-8 dried Kashmiri red chillies
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp Ching’s red chilli sauce
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- A pinch of white pepper powder
- A pinch of red food color
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp cooking oil
How to make Chinese Schezwan Sauce:
- Remove the stems of Kashmiri red chillies and put them in the grinder.
- Grind well to make a crushed red chillies.
- Do not add water, you just need to crush them.
- Whole dried red chillies can be crushed in mortar and pestle as well.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan.
- Add cumin seeds and saute them for few seconds.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and saute for few more seconds.
- Add crushed Kashmiri red chillies and continue to saute them as well.
- Add 1 cup of water and salt.
- Stir constantly on low flame until the raw flavor of crushed red chillies turns into cooked red chillies.
- Now add Ching’s red chilli sauce, sugar, pepper powder and food color.
- Stir well by slowly adding red chilli sauce.
- Cook on medium high flame by stirring continuously.
- Add some more water to make a sauce consistency.
- When the sauce starts boiling, taste it and adjust with salt add vinegar.
- Cook only for few more seconds and turn the gas off.
- Allow the sauce to cool completely.
- Store in air tight container and use per your requirement.
- This delicious Chinese Style homemade schezwan sauce can be stored for one week in air tight container.
- Ching’s red chilli sauce is one of the best sauce can be used for making schezwan sauce.
- Schezwan sauce is highly used for various Chinese preparations.