Paneer Manchurian is simply made with Indian Cottage Cheese, cooked in delicious vegetables and Chinese sauces, which really make this recipe worth to eat. Paneer Manchurian is the typical Indo-Chinese recipe.
You can see Paneer Manchurian dish almost in every Chinese menu of Indian restaurants. Dry Paneer Manchurian is a good starter option for vegetarians and also can be served in gravy as a main course dish.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 250 gms cottage cheese (paneer)
- 3 tsp cornflour
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- 3-4 green chillies cut into slices
- 1 capsicum cut into slices
- 1 onion cut into slices
- 1 cup spring onions (green part only) finely chopped
- 1 small carrot cut into slices
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp red chilli sauce
- 1/4 tsp ajinomoto
- 1/2 tsp white pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp crushed black peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
How to make Paneer Manchurian:
- Cut the paneer into square pieces.
- In a bowl add 2 tsp cornflour, 1 tsp ginger paste, 1 tsp garlic paste, crushed black pepper, salt and a pinch of red chilli sauce. Mix well. Make a thick batter.
- Take the paneer pieces, dip in a batter and deep fry one by one in sufficient oil.
- Fry until paneer turns golden in color and place the fried paneer on tissue paper.
- Heat up a wok, add 2 tsp oil, as the oil heats, add remaining ginger garlic paste and green chillies. Saute for a minute.
- Add slices of onion, carrot and capsicum.
- Add salt, ajinomoto, white pepper powder, soy sauce, red chilli sauce. Toss and mix immediately.
- Add 1 tsp cornflour diluted in 1/2 cup of water and mix well. Cook till the sauce thickens.
- Now add fried paneer pieces and mix well.
- Add vinegar and spring onions (green part).
- Cook for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Paneer Manchurian is ready to serve with Chinese fried rice or Schezwan fried rice.
- If you want more gravy in it then add about 2 cups of water.
- Mix the cornflour very slowly and keep stirring not to get the lumps in gravy.