Dry Manchurian are tiny cute balls made with combination of healthy vegetables like cauliflower, cabbage, carrot, etc. It is one of the most famous Indo Chinese dish and served most probably with Chinese Fried rice or Schezwan Fried rice. Learn to make the most easiest and delicious Indo Chinese special delicacy.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup cauliflower grated
- 1 cup cabbage grated
- 2 medium size capsicums grated or chopped
- 1 cup carrot grated
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 4-5 cloves garlic paste
- 1 inch ginger paste
- 4 green chillies paste
- A pinch of white pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
For making Sauce or Gravy you will need:
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 capsicum (green bell pepper) sliced
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp red chilli sauce
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
How to make Dry Manchurian:
- Heat sufficient oil in a pan.
- Combine all the ingredients in a big bowl.
- Mix well and shift in the muslin or cheese cloth.
- Cover and squeeze out whole water from the mixture and then again shift in the bowl.
- Add salt and pepper powder, Mix well and take little amount of oil in your hands.
- Make small round or oval-shaped balls and drop few in hot oil.
- Deep fry until turns into golden brown in color.
- Remove on oil absorbent paper and enjoy as it is with evening tea. OR
- If you want to make it in some sauce or gravy, then heat 1 tsp oil in a pan and saute garlic for a few seconds.
- Quickly toss with onion and capsicum.
- Mix in soy sauce, red chilli sauce, vinegar and salt to taste.
- Add fried manchurian and cornstarch.
- Stir well and serve.
- At the time of squeezing vegetables, the water will come out. Do not throw that water, it can be used further to make vegetable manchurian (gravy) recipe.
- Adjust the spices, salt and pepper powder as per your taste.