Vegetarian Schezwan Fried Rice is one of the quick Indo-Chinese Cuisine. A Chinese Meal without Schezwan Fried Rice is just incomplete. My husband likes Schezwan Fried rice a lot and ready to eat even if i will cook it on daily basis. Usually it is to be served as a main course in Chinese meal. We are going to show you all the images to make it more easy and more quick.
Schezwan Fried Rice tastes very good with finely chopped vegetables but if you are don’t have much time then then you can also use some shredded vegetables. I don’t recommend using chopper to shred your vegetables, because chopper makes vegetables moist and they don’t taste that good. I recommend chopping all the ingredients with chef knife.
To make schezwan rice, we also need Schezwan Sauce. If you don’t have schezwan sauce available and don’t have time to make it, then you can also use ready made schezwan sauce or schezwan chutney from your favorite brand. It makes Chinese cooking very fast and effort less. If you want to know, how to make awesome Schezwan Sauce at home then do read my Original Schezwan Sauce Recipe.
Before making Schezwan Fried Rice, just prepare everything and keep near to your work space, so it will be easy to put the ingredients one after another with quick stir frying. It is always better to use a pan or wok with handles as you have to frequently stir and toss.
Schezwan Fried Rice can be served with other Indo Chinese Recipes, such as Veg Manchurian, Chilli Paneer, etc, or any sauce based dish. Do check our more Indo Chinese Recipes, such as Schezwan Noodles, Schezwan Mushroom Dry, Hakka Noodles and Chinese Spring Rolls.
Let’s start making Veg Schezwan Fried Rice Recipe. For complete list of ingredients and step by step instructions, please refer to recipe snippet below.
Veg Schezwan Fried Rice Recipe – Step by Step
Following ingredients are required for making Veg Schezwan Fried Rice Recipe. Fine Chopped Cabbage, Carrot, French Beans, Onion, Spring Onion Greens, Ginger, Garlic, Green Chillies and Schezwan Sauce.
Soak basmati rice in water for 20-60 minutes.
Boil the rice in water and some salt.
When the rice are 90% cooked, drain, put some water on rice to stop it from cooking further and keep it aside. TIR CHEF TIP: Keeping rice in water before cooking will save 30% gas and will also make rice grain longer.
Heat oil in a non-stick pan.
Add finely chopped Onion, Ginger, Garlic and Green Chilies and cook them for 1 minute.
Add fine chopped Carrot and French Beans.
Add chopped Cabbage, 1/2 tsp salt, pinch of white paper powder and cook all the ingredients for 2-3 minutes.
Add Schezwan Sauce and mix well.
Cook the Vegetables in Schezwan sauce for few minutes.
Now add boiled rice, fine chopped Spring Onions and 1/4 tbsp vinegar. You may add red color, if you want to make your rice look more colorful. I have added some red food color.
Cook all the ingredients on high flame for 3-4 minutes. Tossing will separate rice grains and your schezwan rice will taste more better.Your Schezwan Fried Rice are ready to serve.
How to make Schezwan Fried Rice :
Ultimate Veg Schezwan Fried Rice Recipe on internet. Learn how to make Schezwan Fried Rice Indian style with step by step photo instructions.
- 2 cups Rice
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cabbage
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp french beans chopped
- 2 tbsp carrot chopped
- 2 tbsp spring onions / scallions green, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp ginger, chopped
- 4 tbsp Schezwan Sauce or as required
- 1/2 tsp white pepper powder
- 1 tsp vinegar
- Pinch of red orange food color
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Soak 1 cup rice for 20-60 minutes. Soaking makes rice longer in length and rice separates easily while cooking. Take a pan and add 5 cups of water, salt to taste and Boil the rice till they are 90% cooked. Drain the rice in a net and put some water on it to prevent it from further cooking. Keep rice aside for about 20-30 minutes till they are dry.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a non-stick pan and 2 finely chopped green chilies along with 1 finely chopped onion. Cook them for a minutes and add 4 tbsp chopped garlic and 2 tbsp chopped ginger and cook it for few seconds. Now add finely chopped french beans, carrot and cabbage, 1/2 tsp salt, pinch of white pepper powder and cook all the ingredients for 3-4 minutes.
- Add 3-4 tbsp of Schezwan Sauce and cook all the ingredients for 2 more minutes.
- Add rice and some finely chopped green spring onions, 1/4 tbsp vinegar and some red food color (optional). Keep tossing all ingredients on high flame for 2-4 minutes. You may add some oil, if rice look dry. You Indo Chinese Schezwan Rice are now ready, server it with some Schezwan Sauce.
Chop the Vegetables finely with your hands to get a good flavor.
Tasty Indian Recipes
- If you can not make Schezwan Sauce at your home then bottled one is easily available in the market.
- You can keep home made Schezwan sauce in refrigerator for couple of months, just need to keep it in air tight container or bottle.
- While making the Schezwan Sauce consistency should be checked time to time and add water as per requirement. You can adjust water in Schezwan Sauce later while making other recipes.
- You can add lots of other vegetables in Schezwan Fried Rice like capsicum, peas, cabbage and paneer.
- These rice are best to serve with Vegetable manchurian or paneer manchurian.
Recommended Recipes for you: