Sweet and Sour Fish is extremely delicious and most popular Chinese main course dish, here marinated fish fillets are seasoned with sweet and sour spices like vinegar and tomato sauce and then garnished with Chinese parsley. This is one of the best fish recipe, worth to try at least once.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 400 gms fish fillets
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 4 green chillies paste
- 1 onion thinly chopped
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp ajinomoto
- 1-1/2 tsp soya sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- A pinch of white pepper powder
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup water
- Oil to shallow fry
How to make Sweet and Sour Fish:
- Clean the fish thoroughly and keep aside.
- Combine the cornstarch, salt, white pepper powder, black pepper powder and vinegar.
- Also beat the egg in the mixture and combine all together.
- Add the pieces of fish, coat very well and keep aside for 30-40 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan, shallow fry the marinated pieces of fish until turns into golden brown in color.
- Remove out on paper napkin and keep aside.
- Later heat 2-3 tbsp of oil in non-stick pan.
- Add green chillies and ginger-garlic paste.
- Saute for few seconds and add thinly chopped onion.
- Fry union until translucent.
- Add fried fish along with water.
- Mix ajinomoto, soya sauce, tomato sauce and vinegar.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes until curry becomes thick.
- Stir continuously to break the whole lumps of curry.
- Finally garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serve piping hot with steamed rice.
- I have used normal onion, whereas spring onions white part can be used.
- Green spring onions can be substituted with parsley leaves.
- Adjust the spices and sauces as per your taste and preferred flavor.
- Serve this dish immediately to enjoy a real Chinese Cuisine.