Crispy Fish Fillets is the spicy recipe made with fish fillets, onion paste and spices. This wonderful fish dish is one of the best option to serve as a starter or as a side dish with the drinks.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 kg fish fillets
- 2 medium size onions thinly sliced
- 1 inch ginger julienne
- 4-5 garlic flakes
- 3-4 green chillies paste
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds
- 1 tsp poppy seeds (khus-Khus)
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp dry mango powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp ghee
How to make Crispy Fish Fillets:
- Clean the fish fillets and wash thoroughly in normal running water.
- Pat dry with clean kitchen cloth and cut into small pieces.
- Apply salt on the pieces of fish fillets, cover and keep aside for 8-10 minutes.
- Heat the ghee in a non-stick pan and fry the slices of onion until browned.
- Allow the onion to cool completely.
- Combine the fried onion, sesame and poppy seeds, grind to make a smooth paste.
- In the same pan fry the ginger julienne and garlic until turns into golden color.
- Add onion paste along with the paste of green chillies.
- Saute for 3-4 minutes, adjust with salt and all the spices.
- Saute just for 1 more minute and turn the gas off.
- Leave the mixture to cool for sometime and marinate the fish fillets thoroughly in the prepared mixture.
- Cover and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Apply little oil on the oven skewers and arrange the marinated fish pieces on it.
- Put the skewers in the oven and cook for 10-12 minutes until turns into golden brown in color.
- In between bast the skewers twice with oil/ghee.
- Serve hot with green chutney and onion rings.
- You can make these delicious fish fillets in the barbecue or in the non-stick pan as well.