Chicken Vindaloo is a divine chicken recipe made in a unique style and flavored with the paste of onion, ginger-garlic and mustard seeds.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 500 gms chicken (boneless breast)
- 1 tbsp ground mustard
- 1 inch ginger piece
- 2 green chillies
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 big onion pieces
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp garam masala powder
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Few mint leaves
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
How to make Chicken Vindaloo:
- Cut the chicken breast into medium size pieces, apply olive oil and keep aside.
- Meanwhile combine onion, ginger, garlic, mint leaves, mustard and green chillies.
- Blend to make a smooth paste.
- Now mix the chicken pieces in the paste and stir with the spices.
- Cover the marinade of chicken and keep overnight to settle down.
- Heat a non-stick pan and add the marinated chicken.
- Heat another sauce pan and cook tomato puree with coconut milk until boils.
- Stir and combine with chicken. Cover and leave to cook for about 20 minutes on a low heat.
- Now after cooking, chicken will little dried. But that’s okay, we need this much consistency to serve our chicken vindaloo.
- You may use vinegar instead of lemon juice.
- This is one of the most delicious dry chicken dish, which is best to serve as a snack or complimentary dish in the mocktail party.
- If you like adding veggies, then go ahead.