Chicken Banjara is the delicious spicy kebab recipe fully loaded with the fresh spices, cilantro, mint and cumin flavor. Here boneless chicken is coated in the spicy marination of yogurt and then grilled in the oven. The is one of the most flavorful kebab recipe. Learn to make home made chicken banjara kebab and serve as a great starter or appetizer.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 500 gms boneless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp fresh yogurt
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 8 green chillies paste
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp red-orange food color
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp tandoori masala powder
- 1 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 1 tbsp mint leaves thinly chopped
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
How to make Chicken Banjara Kebab:
- Clean the chicken breast and cut into medium size pieces.
- Marinate with salt, lemon juice and red chilli powder. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime roast the seeds in a sauce pan, allow to cool and then grind to make a smooth flavored powder.
- Combine yogurt, grounded seeds powder and all the ingredients along with 1 tbsp of oil.
- Mix very well and add chicken.
- Mix the chicken pieces thoroughly in the marinade and cover the bowl.
- Keep in the refrigerator at least for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease the skewers with some oil.
- Take out the chicken from the refrigerator and put on room temperature for about 15 minutes. Arrange chicken pieces onto the skewers.
- Keep the distance between the chicken pieces and divide the chicken into 2-3 skewers.
- Place in the oven and grill for 30 minutes until chicken turns into nice brown in color.
- In between keep checking the softness of chicken with the help of knife or fork.
- Also apply little amount of oil twice in between.
- Take out the chicken from the skewers and arrange in the serving plate.
- Serve hot with spicy coriander or mint chutney.
- Mix a tsp of curd in coriander or mint chutney and then blend. You can serve this as a great dip with this kebab.
- I like to cut the big pieces of chicken, if you want you can cut it as per your choice.
- This same kebab can be made in the pan as well, but the crispiness comes in the oven only.
- Sprinkle some fresh cilantro at the time of serving for a good presentation.