Chicken Reshmi Kabab is made with Pieces of Boneless Chicken Breast, marinated in juicy mixture of Curd, Cream, Cashew nuts and Spices and then Grilled in Oven. It is one of the most popular Indian Kabab dish, served in almost every restaurant. The beautiful aroma of flavors and tenderness of chicken are the important things to be taken care while cooking it.
Today I have used boneless chicken breast for making my kabab, some people use chicken leg pieces as well. The marination of this kabab is so juicy and tender that really turns into a mouth melting kabab dish.
Chicken Kababs are always considered as a healthy Appetizer or starter. You can make variety of Chicken Kababs in your home, such as Hariyali Chicken Kabab, Chicken Seekh Kabab, Chicken Sholey Kabab and many more. Marination should be well done with spices and flavors, and the next important aspect is timing of cooking the chicken. For making Kababs you can use boneless chicken or even chicken on bone. I personally prefer boneless chicken pieces.
Chicken is high protein food item and when it is cooked in kabab style, then it turns very light in eating and also contains less calories. People who are on weight training programe must have this kabab meal once a day. It’s because after exercising alot, this kabab gives you good stamina, fulfill your hunger and makes you healthy as well.
How to make Chicken Reshmi Kebab Recipe
Chicken Reshmi Kebab Recipe
Chicken Reshmi Kabab is made with Pieces of Boneless Chicken Breast, marinated in juicy mixture of Curd, Cream, Cashew nuts and Spices and the Grilled in Oven.
- 400 gm boneless chicken breast
- 1 cup curd (dahi / yogurt)
- 2 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon cashew nuts
- 1 teaspoon almonds
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon fresh cream
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 2 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil or butter
- Salt to taste
- Rinse the chicken pieces in running water and cut into medium size chunks. Also soak almonds in water for about 20 minutes. Remove the skin from almonds and keep them aside.
- Now in a big bowl, mix the curd, ginger-garlic paste, cream, salt, lemon juice, chopped coriander and spices very well.
- Make the paste of almonds and cashew nuts and add into it.
- Add about 1/2 tablespoon of oil in yogurt mixture and marinate pieces of chicken in it. Coat all the chicken pieces very well, cover the marination and keep it aside at least for 1 hour. (In this way chicken gets the flavors and juices of ingredients of marination).
- Preheat the oven at 350F degrees for 5 minutes and put the wooden skewers in warm water.
- Thread the chicken pieces into skewers and place in the oven. Lightly brush with some oil.
- Grill for about 20 - 30 minutes until chicken tenders and becomes juicy. When the chicken is done, then remove out from the skewers.
- Serve hot with coriander chutney and cabbage salad.
This marination of Chicken Reshmi Kabab can be kept for overnight in refrigerator.
Tasty Indian Recipes
- It is one of the most delicious kabab can be served with Tandoori roti or Naan.
- You can use butter for basting the chicken pieces.
- For making chicken reshmi butter masala, this same style kabab is used in gravy.
Read more about Indian Chicken Recipes.