Hariyali Chicken Kabab (Green Chicken Kabab) is a mouth-watering kabab recipe made in the spicy and green leafy marination. Learn how to make delicious and juicy green chicken kabab with simple ingredients and method.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Servings: 6 persons
- 400 gms boneless chicken breast
- 3 tbsp thick curd
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 cup methi leaves (fenugreek) chopped
- 1-1/2 inch ginger piece
- 6-8 cloves garlic
- 4-5 green chillies thinly chopped
- 1 onion cut into rings
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1-1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 cup cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- Bamboo skewer stick/sathey sticks to grill
How to make Hariyali Chicken Kabab:
- Wash the chicken breast and cut into medium size chunks.
- Apply salt, butter, lemon juice and red chilli powder on the chicken pieces and keep aside for 10-15 minutes.
- In the meantime, chop the methi leaves thinly, boil in little amount of water and drain aside.
- Combine the boiled methi, coriander-mint leaves, ginger and garlic.
- Grind by adding little amount of water and make a medium thick green paste.
- Now in a big bowl, add the ground green paste, chicken, curd, turmeric powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder.
- Mix very well and add onion and bell pepper.
- Mix and cover the bowl with a tight lid.
- Keep this marinated chicken in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Soak the wooden skewers in normal water for about 4-5 minutes.
- Apply some oil on the skewers and alternatively arrange the pieces of chicken, onion and bell pepper.
- Again apply some more oil on top of the chicken and veggies.
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees for 5 minutes.
- Now place the skewers in the oven and leave to grill for about 15-18 minutes.
- In between apply some oil on the chicken and vegetables.
- Grill until the chicken is cooked and looks little bit brown in color.
- Keep checking and turn the skewer sticks to cook evenly from all the sides.
- Remove the kabab from the skewers and arrange on the serving plate.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges and cabbage salad.
- You can make this delicious kabab in the pan or even in the broiler as well.
- You may use diced tomatoes, red bell pepper and yellow bell pepper along with the chicken.
- You can make this Chicken kabab even without using vegetables.