Coriander chutney is made by blending coriander, chillies and other flavorful ingredients. Coriander Chutney is also known as green or hari chutney. It is a puree of green leaves and flavorful spices. It is the perfect basic Indian chutney, which is must for accompanying any type of cutlets, vada’s or samosa’s.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 2 minutes
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, stems removed
- 4-5 green chillies
- 6-8 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 tbsp raw peanuts
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
How to make Coriander Chutney:
- In a blending bowl add coriander, green chillies, ginger, garlic, peanuts and little bit of water.
- Cover the blending jar with a tight lid.
- Blend all together to make a smooth paste by adding little amount of water.
- Add salt, fresh lemon juice and blend again.
- Check the salt and spices and adjust the water if the chutney is too dry.
- Transfer to an air tight container.
- Coriander chutney is ready to serve with any type of snack.
- You can store coriander chutney in the refrigerator for 5-6 days.
- After few days if you feel that your chutney has become dry then you can add little bit of water and salt, mix well and use it.
- You can add toasted cumin and mustard seeds while blending, it will make your chutney more flavorful.